Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Driben my baby back home...


A couple of days ago Chuck Wells asked me to show my personal favorites the next time I posted some pin-ups from THE GREAT AMERICAN PIN-UP CALENDAR by Taschen. While I love all the cuties I show, my personal favorites are the voluptuous, sexy, high-heel lovelies from Peter Driben. Driben, who did many magazine covers and pin-up illustrations over the years, was one of the best of the pin-up artists, and his girls are sexy and adorable.

Here are some covers and even some scans of original art I've managed to gather from the Internet.

You can find the pin-ups that Chuck is referring to by typing in Taschen in the "search this blog" box at the top of this blog. At least a couple of the Driben illustrations found here are found in that calendar collection as well. You can find an outstanding sample of Driben's covers on Flickr here.
















2 comments:

Chuck Wells said...

Thanks HG, it's nice to see which direction you lean into with these pin-ups.

I like a variety of artists who produced them, and Driben is good, but Elvgen is my fave.

Aldous said...

Beautiful work!